Cash donations do allow the agencies to avoid the need to store, pack, and distribute donated goods. The cost to do so becomes prohibitive which is why cash donations are currently being sought.
FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency www.fema.gov) listed the following agencies as needing cash to assist hurricane victims:
- American Red Cross, 800-HELP NOW (435-7669) English, 800-257-7575 Spanish.
- Operation Blessing, 800-436-6348.
- America's Second Harvest, 800-344-8070.
- Adventist Community Services, 800-381-7171.
- Catholic Charities, USA, 703-549-1390.
- Christian Disaster Response, 941-956-5183 or 941-551-9554.
- Christian Reformed World Relief Committee, 800-848-5818.
- Church World Service, 800-297-1516.
- Convoy of Hope, 417-823-8998.
- Lutheran Disaster Response, 800-638-3522.